Mandarin Orange Salad
This quick and colorful dish is perfect for family breakfasts. By preparing it ahead of time, I can enjoy many other activities such as cross-stitching, painting, reading and, most importantly, spending time with my three boys!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges segments
- 1 package (3 ounces) tapioca pudding mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving juices; set fruit aside. Add
- water to juices to equal 3 cups; pour into a large saucepan. Add
- pudding mixes; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until
- thickened and bubbly, 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Place the pineapple, oranges and cherries in a 2-qt. bowl; pour
- dressing over and stir to coat. Chill for several hours. Add bananas
- just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 207 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.