This quick and colorful dish is perfect for family breakfasts. By preparing it ahead of time, I can enjoy many other activities such as cross-stitching, painting, reading and, most importantly, spending time with my three boys!
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges segments
- 1 package (3 ounces) tapioca pudding mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving juices; set fruit aside. Add water to juices to equal 3 cups; pour into a large saucepan. Add pudding mixes; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly, 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Place the pineapple, oranges and cherries in a 2-qt. bowl; pour dressing over and stir to coat. Chill for several hours. Add bananas just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Orange Salad in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p86
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review