Mandarin Orange Cream Pie
Gusty Crum never heats up her Dover, Ohio kitchen when this heavenly sensation is on the menu. That's because the pie's delightful layers of orange gelatin, creamy whipped topping and mandarin oranges rely on the refrigerator instead of the oven.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange or sparkling mandarin orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cups cold club soda
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, well drained
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in soda. Set aside
- 1/2 cup at room temperature. Refrigerate remaining gelatin mixture
- for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened; pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Whisk whipped topping into reserved gelatin mixture. Slowly pour into
- crust. Arrange orange segments over the top and press down lightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 180 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.