Gusty Crum never heats up her Dover, Ohio kitchen when this heavenly sensation is on the menu. That's because the pie's delightful layers of orange gelatin, creamy whipped topping and mandarin oranges rely on the refrigerator instead of the oven.
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange or sparkling mandarin orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cups cold club soda
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, well drained
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in soda. Set aside 1/2 cup at room temperature. Refrigerate remaining gelatin mixture for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened; pour into crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Whisk whipped topping into reserved gelatin mixture. Slowly pour into crust. Arrange orange segments over the top and press down lightly. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Orange Cream Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review