Mandarin Orange Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- 2. Combine the orange juice, marmalade, mustard and rosemary; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 5-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Stir in oranges and orange peel. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-sugar marmalade; calculated without rice) equals 254 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.