Mandarin Orange Chicken
In Washington Court House, Ohio, Clara Coulston jazzes up meals with this mouthwatering recipe. She simply treats juicy chicken breasts to a tangy sauce, featuring plenty of citrus flavor.—Ms. Clara M. Coulston, Washington Court House, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag,
- combine the flour, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn
- to coat; In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Combine the orange juice, marmalade, mustard and rosemary; pour over
- chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 5-8 minutes or until
- chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Stir in oranges and
- orange peel. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-sugar marmalade; calculated without rice) equals 254 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium,