Mandarin Orange Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- 2. Combine the orange juice, marmalade, mustard and rosemary; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 5-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Stir in oranges and orange peel. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice): 273 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Chicken
"I loved this recipe. It was so easy to make and sooo good. The only thing I would change is not put as much pepper in it."
"This was seriously yummy and super easy to make! I will DEFINITELY make it again! Super good!"
"VERY GOOD! Followed recipe to the "T" and it came out good. Served chicken over rice."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.