Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast. cubed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the chicken and teriyaki sauce. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard the marinade. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, chicken, oranges, carrot, almonds and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over the salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (2 cups dressed salad) equals 262 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad
"I haven't tried it yet, but it sure sounds yummy"