- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Combine the orange juice, marmalade, mustard and rosemary; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 5-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Stir in oranges and orange peel. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Chicken
"I loved this recipe. It was so easy to make and sooo good. The only thing I would change is not put as much pepper in it."
"This was seriously yummy and super easy to make! I will DEFINITELY make it again! Super good!"
"VERY GOOD! Followed recipe to the "T" and it came out good. Served chicken over rice."