Mandarin Orange Chicken Recipe
In Washington Court House, Ohio, Clara Coulston jazzes up meals with this mouthwatering recipe. She simply treats juicy chicken breasts to a tangy sauce, featuring plenty of citrus flavor.Ms. Clara M. Coulston, Washington Court House, Ohio
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Combine the orange juice, marmalade, mustard and rosemary; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 5-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Stir in oranges and orange peel. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Orange Chicken in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Chicken(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2010
VERY GOOD! Followed recipe to the "T" and it came out good. Served chicken over rice.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >