Mandarin Orange Cheesecake
Chocolate, cream cheese and orange flavors blend beautifully in this diminutive cheesecake from Susan Manning of Detroit, Michigan. Try it when you crave a homemade treat!
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup crushed chocolate wafers (about 8 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and sugar. Press
- onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 6-in.
- springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5
- minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and marmalade until blended. Fold
- in whipped topping. Arrange two-thirds of the oranges over the
- crust. Spread with cream cheese mixture. Decorate with remaining
- oranges. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One piece (prepared with reduced-fat chocolate wafers, reduced-fat butter, reduced-fat cream cheese, reduced-fat sugar fruit spread and fat-free whipped topping) equals 213 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.