If you want to make cake but are squeezed for time, count on this recipe for a fast solution.—Charlene Wahlenmaier, Grants Pass, Oregon
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oranges. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In another bowl, beat whipped topping, pineapple and pudding mix. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Chill. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Orange Cake in Country Woman May/June 1996, p35
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review