- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oranges. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In another bowl, beat whipped topping, pineapple and pudding mix. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Chill. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Cake
Sort By :
I have made this cake for years. My version uses one yellow cake mix, one stick of butter, one can oranges w/juices, 1/2 cup oil and 4 eggs. Frosting is the same. Wonderful every time.
This is a wonderful light tasting cake. I made it for a card group and they all had seconds. Will make this again.
This cake is so delicious, it is very moist and sooo easy to make!
For my version, I created the pudding and whipped cream frosting from scratch and substituted mandarin oranges peeled by hand, not from a can. Otherwise, I followed the recipe. My family loved this delicious cake, even with the changes.
This is so good and easy to make