Mandarin Orange Breakfast Bites Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and diced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and extract. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in oranges.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip tops of warm muffins in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 215 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Breakfast Bites
"Very quick and easy to mix up, and have a wonderful taste and texture. Will definitely make again!"