Mandarin Orange Breakfast Bites Recipe
These taste like doughnuts without the hassle of rolling out and frying. Our daughter likes me to have them waiting for her and her friends after school.
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and diced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and extract. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in oranges.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip tops of warm muffins in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mandarin Orange Breakfast Bites in Best of Country Breads 2000, p104
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Breakfast Bites(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2011
Very quick and easy to mix up, and have a wonderful taste and texture. Will definitely make again!