Mandarin Orange & Romaine Salad Recipe
A tangy salad of romaine, celery and oranges with tarragon vinegar and hot pepper sauce makes a cool companion for turkey dishes. — Cathy Pawlowski, Naperville, Illinois
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss lightly to coat. Yield: 10 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup equals 84 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC