Mandarin-Nut Tossed Salad
"I'm a wife, mother of three and business owner," relates Barbara Gibney of Lilian, Alabama. "With my busy schedule, I have to cook fast dishes, but I also want nutritious foods my entire family enjoys. Even the picky eaters in our house like this salad."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a bowl combine the salad greens and oranges. Sprinkle with
- peanuts. Combine salad dressing and soy sauce; drizzle over salad
- and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup)(prepared with fat-free dressing)equals 78 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.