Mandarin Glazed Beets
Mandarin oranges and a warm glaze transform canned beets into a super side dish. Lemon juice provides a bit of tartness. If your family doesn't like the tart flavor, I suggest adding a little more sugar.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced beets, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Add lemon
- juice and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened.
- Stir in beats; heat through. Gently stir in oranges; heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.