I invented this dish as an easy, grown-up version of the frozen cream-filled pops we all enjoyed as children. The mandarin oranges and whipped topping re-create the tangy orange and ice cream flavors. One bite cools the heat from the rest of the meal.Elizabeth Freise, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
5-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Place oranges in a bowl. Fold in the whipped topping. Just before
- serving, fold in pecans. Yield: 5-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 217 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.