Mandarin Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the oranges, peas, almonds, onion and couscous. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper sauce; shake well. Pour dressing over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup: 221 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Mandarin Couscous Salad
"Definitely double the sauce. I used green onion instead of the red and added cooked/shredded chicken. Thinking that pineapple and ham might be good also."
"I would use green onions instead of red. Maybe add some cranberries too. I doubled the sauce. Great side dish"
"kinda blah! can't believe this won a contest of any kind. won't make again."
"The whole family enjoyed this... even my son who hates peas. His comment was "Mom, I love, love, LOVE this salad!"."
"I get so many compliments from this recipe. It's a favorite at family get-togethers."
"This couscous recipe is simply wonderful! It is such a refreshing dish, esp. during the hot weather. I will definitely be making this time and time again!"
"mu subscription expires in december,yet i am denied access to certain recipes. why is this?i'm not happy about this!"