Mandarin Cookie Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cold buttermilk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) fudge-striped shortbread cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1. In a bowl, whisk the buttermilk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping and oranges. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Fold in crushed cookies. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 439 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Mandarin Cookie Salad
"such a nice touch to the end of the meal. Just right and it is not filling. 5stars from our family."
"This dessert salad is one of my favorites. It's easy to make and everyone likes it."
"I have made this several times but always use non-fat or light for the buttermilk and whipped topping. A little bit healthier this way. This is more a dessert than a salad I think also."
"I've been making this recipe for years. My first comment is that I always push to classify it, name it, as a dessert, not a salad. It is not a salad by any stretch of the imagination. But it is a delicious dessert that my family loves. I used to make it with butter pecan pudding but I can only find that now at an Amish market a bit away from my home, so I substitute either pistachio or vanilla pudding from the supermarket if I need to. I prefer it after it sits a day, to let the cookies soften. If you have not ever had this or a similar recipe, it is worth a try. The flavor combinations are awesome."