Mandarin Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Spread rice in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken and mushrooms. Pour orange juice and broth over all. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Garnish with oranges, paprika and parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 519 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Mandarin Chicken
"Excellent chicken. I eliminated the mushrooms, and also found that the cooking time was closer to 60 minutes. Very moist and tasty."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.