Mandarin Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
“My mother made this dish as I was growing up and it’s become a favorite with my family, too," says Shari Magee of Spanaway, Washington. "It’s quick to make and the oranges and dill weed really enhance the flavor.”
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 4 tablespoons soy sauce, salt and dill. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving syrup; set oranges aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, remaining soy sauce and reserved syrup until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for 6-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove with a slotted spoon. Stir-fry water chestnuts and celery in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Gently stir in oranges. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Chicken Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p60
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mandarin Chicken Stir-Fry(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >