Mandarin Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad or 4 cups torn lettuce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1. In a skillet, combine chicken, water, vinegar, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon oil, soy sauce and bouillon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is tender and liquid has evaporated.
- 2. Meanwhile, for dressing, whisk mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, parsley, mustard, onion and remaining oil until blended. Arrange salad greens on a platter. Top with oranges, chicken mixture and chow mein noodles. Sprinkle with green onion and almonds. Serve with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 573 calories, 34 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,020 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Mandarin Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.