- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad or 4 cups torn lettuce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a skillet, combine chicken, water, vinegar, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon oil, soy sauce and bouillon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, whisk mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, parsley, mustard, onion and remaining oil until blended. Arrange salad greens on a platter. Top with oranges, chicken mixture and chow mein noodles. Sprinkle with green onion and almonds. Serve with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mandarin Chicken Salad
"This is an excellent salad! My husband asks me to make this over and over which is unusual for a salad. I made it exactly as written except didn't add the parsley. Try it you will be surprised at how good it is!"
"Finally found the perfect Mandarin Chicken Salad recipe! The whole family loved this! Cooking the chicken this way makes it amazing! And the dressing is fantastic!"
"My husband and I loved this! It's wonderful for the hot summer days that you don't want to heat up the house. It's fast to put together and so yummy!"