Mandarin Chicken Bites
Instead of a big Christmas meal, our family enjoys nibbling on an all-day appetizer buffet. Each year we present tempting new dishes alongside our favorites. This is one of those tried-and-true dishes that's a "must."
Susannah Yinger, Canal Winchester, Ohio
12-15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour,salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in butter until no longer pink. In a
- small saucepan, combine the oranges, marmalade and tarragon; bring
- to a boil. Pour over chicken; stir gently to coat. Serve warm with
- toothpicks. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 124 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.