Instead of a big Christmas meal, our family enjoys nibbling on an all-day appetizer buffet. Each year we present tempting new dishes alongside our favorites. This is one of those tried-and-true dishes that's a "must." —Susannah Yinger, Canal Winchester, Ohio
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour,salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in butter until no longer pink. In a small saucepan, combine the oranges, marmalade and tarragon; bring to a boil. Pour over chicken; stir gently to coat. Serve warm with toothpicks. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Chicken Bites in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p24
Reviews for Mandarin Chicken Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review