Prompted by a visit from my husband's orange-loving grandmother (she spends winters in Florida), I planned an orangy dinner. Even the main dish fit the theme, with mandarin oranges and orange juice in this savory chicken and rice bake. —Susan West North Grafton, Massachusetts
Recommended: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Spread rice in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken and mushrooms. Pour orange juice and broth over all. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Garnish with oranges, paprika and parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Chicken in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mandarin Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review