Mandarin oranges and chopped red onion add a touch of color to mixed greens and sweet roasted cashews in this refreshing salad. You're sure to be handing out the recipe once friends and family get a taste of the tangy honey dressing. —Sheri Shaffer Northfield, Ohio
- 5 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 5 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, well drained
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- HONEY LIME DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup honey-roasted cashews
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuces, oranges, green pepper, celery and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, honey, mustard, lime peel, paprika, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad. Add cashews; toss to coat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin-Cashew Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p27
Reviews for Mandarin-Cashew Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2013
"Excellent salad! The only thing I changed was add 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar to the dressing because it was abit too sweet for my taste."