Mandarin-Cashew Tossed Salad Recipe
Mandarin oranges and chopped red onion add a touch of color to mixed greens and sweet roasted cashews in this refreshing salad. You're sure to be handing out the recipe once friends and family get a taste of the tangy honey dressing. —Sheri Shaffer Northfield, Ohio
- 5 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 5 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, well drained
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- HONEY LIME DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup honey-roasted cashews
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuces, oranges, green pepper, celery and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine oil, honey, mustard, lime peel, paprika, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad. Add cashews; toss to coat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Mandarin-Cashew Tossed Salad
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2013
"Excellent salad! The only thing I changed was add 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar to the dressing because it was abit too sweet for my taste."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC