Mandarin Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
This colorful stir-fry from Anne Drouin of Dunnville, Ontario is pretty enough to double as a centerpiece. "The crispy veggies contrast nicely with the tender beef and juicy oranges," she informs. "Even the most finicky eaters in our family can't resist it."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; remove half and set aside. Add beef to remaining marinade; cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry vegetables in oil for 2 minutes; remove and keep warm.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In the same skillet, stir-fry beef until no longer pink. Add the oranges and reserved vegetables. Combine the cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC