Mandarin Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; remove half and set aside. Add beef to remaining marinade; cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry vegetables in oil for 2 minutes; remove and keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. In the same skillet, stir-fry beef until no longer pink. Add the oranges and reserved vegetables. Combine the cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mandarin Beef Stir-Fry
Sort By :
I'm sure this was healthy, but it tasted that way, too. It was bland even though I had added some red pepper to try to spice it up. The canned mandarin oranges disintegrated into the hot mixture, and the recipe called for 2 cups of snow peas which was WAY too much and overwhelmed the whole dish.