Mandarin Barley Salad Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Cook barley according to package directions; drain and cool. In a bowl, combine the barley, mushrooms, celery and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce and salt; shake well. Pour over barley mixture and stir to coat. Gently stir in oranges and almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 278 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Mandarin Barley Salad
"I loved this recipe! The combination of the almonds and oranges was over-the-top!"
"super way to add fiber and grains to your diet...and very tasty too111"