Mandarin Barley Salad Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Cook barley according to package directions; drain and cool. In a bowl, combine the barley, mushrooms, celery and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce and salt; shake well. Pour over barley mixture and stir to coat. Gently stir in oranges and almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 278 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Mandarin Barley Salad
"I loved this recipe! The combination of the almonds and oranges was over-the-top!"
"super way to add fiber and grains to your diet...and very tasty too111"