- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- In a small skillet, melt 3 tablespoons sugar over low heat. Add almonds; stir until coated. Cool; break into small pieces and set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, parsley, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and remaining sugar; shake well.
- Just before serving, combine lettuce, oranges, onion and almonds in a large salad bowl. Shake dressing; pour over salad and toss. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Mandarin Almond Salad
Sort By :
"Yummy easy salad. I already had candied almonds so just chopped them up. Didn't use hot sauce in the dressing and it was really good!"
"This salad is SOOO good. Every time I make it someone wants the recipe and quick too!"
"Simple, elegant salad. The extra effort with the almonds is worth it and gives the salad a special touch! I left out the hot sauce, though, since I don't like spicy."