My grandmother, Mama, made this potato salad for every family gathering at her home. Every relative would arrive with their specialties in hand. She never wrote it down, so I had to re-create the recipe from memory. Years later, it's just about right. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 3 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 English cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 18-21 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Peel and thinly slice. Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mama's Warm German Potato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2017
Reviews for Mama's Warm German Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 30, 2017
"We had this for Memorial Day and it was delicious."