Mama's Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the pasta, egg and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 7-in. pie plate or shallow 2-cup round baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. Crumble sausage into a small skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, sour cream and Italian seasoning. Spoon into crust.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece (prepared with reduced-fat Parmesan, reduced-fat turkey sausage and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 511 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 1,139 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.