This savory pie for two has an uncomplicated pasta crust and a satisfying Italian filling. "It freezes well before baking," writes Kathleen Williams from Leesburg, Florida.
Featured In: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the pasta, egg and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 7-in. pie plate or shallow 2-cup round baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- Crumble sausage into a small skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, sour cream and Italian seasoning. Spoon into crust.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mama's Spaghetti Pie in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p15
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mama's Spaghetti Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review