- 4 teaspoons butter plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- Pinch salt
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 4 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the marshmallow creme, walnuts, chocolate chips, chopped sweet chocolate in the order listed; top with remaining butter. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, sugar and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 235° (soft-ball stage). Pour over mixture in bowl and stir. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Cool.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 5-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Mama's Million-Dollar Fudge in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p19
Reviews for Mama's Million-Dollar Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review