- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon yellow food coloring, optional
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan and lightly sprinkle with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the evaporated milk, water, extracts and food coloring if desired; add to the creamed mixture alternately with flour, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Mama Cake in Healthy Cooking
Reviews for Mama Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review