Mama Arnold's Honey Pie Recipe
—Ruth Arnold, Pearsall, Texas
- 1 cup honey
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring honey to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot honey into the eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; gently stir in the butter, vanilla, pecans and nutmeg.
- 2. Pour into pie shell and bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 418 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Mama Arnold's Honey Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC