Mama Arnold's Honey Pie
—Ruth Arnold, Pearsall, Texas
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup honey
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- In a large saucepan, bring honey to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot honey into the eggs; return all to the
- pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; gently stir in the
- butter, vanilla, pecans and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until
- filling is set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 418 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.