- 1 cup honey
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- In a large saucepan, bring honey to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot honey into the eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; gently stir in the butter, vanilla, pecans and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mama Arnold's Honey Pie in Country February/March 1991, p53
Reviews for Mama Arnold's Honey Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review