Malted Milk Pie Recipe
Malted milk balls provide the delightful flavor you'll find in each cool bite of this light dessert shared by Jann Marie Foster. "It's easy to assemble and a longtime favorite of my family," notes the Minneapolis, Minnesota cook.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + freezing YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1 package (7 ounces) malted milk balls, chopped
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 chocolate crumb crusts (9 inches)
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- 1. Set aside 1/4 cup malted milk balls for topping. Place ice cream in a large bowl; fold in whipped topping and remaining malted milk balls. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze.
- 2. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired and reserved malted milk balls. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 271 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC