Malted Milk Pie
Malted milk balls provide the delightful flavor you'll find in each cool bite of this light dessert shared by Jann Marie Foster. "It's easy to assemble and a longtime favorite of my family," notes the Minneapolis, Minnesota cook.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (7 ounces) malted milk balls, chopped
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 chocolate crumb crusts (9 inches)
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- Set aside 1/4 cup malted milk balls for topping. Place ice cream in a
- large bowl; fold in whipped topping and remaining malted milk balls.
- Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired and reserved
- malted milk balls. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 271 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.