Malted Milk Cookies
"My daughter substituted crushed malted milk balls in our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe to create these crisp treats," explains Audrey Metzger from Larchwood, Iowa. "They're so yummy fresh from the oven."
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups malted milk balls, crushed
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, drink mix, baking soda
- and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in
- malted milk balls.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1
- minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Yield: about 3 dozen.