Bake this cake in a 13x9 pan or as cupcakes in fun paper liners. I am a sweet and salty addict, so I sprinkle popcorn on top. —Susan Scarborough, Fernandina Beach, FL
Featured In: 24 Favorite Graduation Cake Ideas
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring, optional
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed malted milk balls
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Batter may appear curdled. If desired, beat in flavoring. In another bowl, whisk flour, milk powder, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in confectioners’ sugar and cocoa alternately with milk until smooth. Spread frosting over cake; sprinkle with crushed malted milk balls. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Malted Milk Cake in Simple & Delicious August/September 2015
Reviews for Malted Milk Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2015
"This cake was good, but the next day the malted milk balls on the top got soggy."