"You don't have to be a kid to love these delicious brownies!" writes Mitzi Sentiff from her home in Annapolis, Maryland. "Malted milk balls in the batter and sprinkled on top make them special. Everyone loves them.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1-1/3 cups chopped malted milk balls, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in 1 cup malted milk balls. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 in. from an edge comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in milk and vanilla. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with the remaining malted milk balls. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes or until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Malted Milk Ball Brownies in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p19
Reviews for Malted Milk Ball Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2013
"Excellent brownie recipe and very quick and easy."