Malted Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
With an impressive presentation and a scrumptious, classic malt flavor, this downsized dessert will make anyone feel special. —Anna Ginsberg, Austin, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 4 portions refrigerated ready-to-bake sugar cookie dough
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1. Line a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan with foil. Press cookie dough onto bottom of pan. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, melted chocolate and sugar until smooth. Add egg white; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust.
- 3. Place loaf pan in a baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- 4. Remove loaf pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 5. Refrigerate overnight. For topping, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, milk powder and baking cocoa until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 6. Using foil, lift cheesecake out of pan. Cut in half. Drizzle chocolate syrup over each piece. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece equals 934 calories, 58 g fat (34 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC