My grandmother always served this sweet potato casserole at Thanksgiving. The puffy marshmallow topping gives the dish a festive look, and spices enhance the sweet potato flavor. -Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 6 cups hot mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 18 large marshmallows
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, milk, butter, brown sugar, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, allspice, salt and nutmeg until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Top with marshmallows. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until marshmallows just begin to puff and brown. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Mallow-Topped Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p33
Reviews for Mallow-Topped Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review