Mallow Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
Put a spin on a Thanksgiving classic with this sweet potato bake. This festive-looking side captures the flavors of sweet potatoes, marshmallows and tart cranberries! —Delores Nickerson, Muskogee, Oklahoma
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake 45-55 minutes or until tender. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- 2. Cut potatoes in half; scoop out pulp and place in a large bowl. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in the pineapple, 1/4 cup cranberries, orange juice and salt.
- 3. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- 4. Uncover; sprinkle with marshmallows, pecans and remaining cranberries. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or just until marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup equals 179 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC