Mallow Pineapple Salad Recipe
You'll find pineapple chunks, banana slices and marshmallows in this light creamy fluff from Kathy Robinson of Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, eggs and reserved juice; mix well. Cook and stir until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the heat. Pour into a bowl; cool completely.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cooled egg mixture. Add marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Just before serving, fold in bananas and nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 324 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Mallow Pineapple Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC