Mallow-Pecan Acorn Squash Recipe
We always grow squash in our garden, and this recipe is one of our favorites ways to cook it. My grandkids like this vegetable dish because of the marshmallows.
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1. Place squash cut side up in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and nutmeg. Spoon into squash. Brush edges of squash with remaining butter. Cover and bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until squash is tender. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 331 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC