We always grow squash in our garden, and this recipe is one of our favorites ways to cook it. My grandkids like this vegetable dish because of the marshmallows.
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Place squash cut side up in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and nutmeg. Spoon into squash. Brush edges of squash with remaining butter. Cover and bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until squash is tender. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mallow-Pecan Acorn Squash in Country Extra November 2001, p51
Reviews for Mallow-Pecan Acorn Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review