Mallow Mint Dessert Recipe
This minty marshmallow whip served on a cookie crumb crust will have folks asking for seconds. "It's very light and refreshing," says Eleanor Mielke of Mitchell, South Dakota. "I like to top each serving with a dab of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 32 large marshmallows
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1-3/4 cups crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until marshmallows are melted. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Stir in the mint extract and food coloring. Fold in whipped cream.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Top with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 417 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC