Mallow Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups cold buttermilk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (30 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk buttermilk and pudding mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Fold in the fruit cocktail, oranges, marshmallows and whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 227 calories, 4g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Mallow Fruit Salad
"A very "retro "recipe...like something that came out of the '70's. It tasted pretty good the first evening after I made it, but got a little watery by the next day. It was sweeter than I like, and there was more pudding/whipped topping than there was fruit. Not a terrible recipe, but I won't be making it again."
"I don't like fruit cocktail, I added drained pineapple tidbits instead."