Mallow Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups cold buttermilk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (30 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk buttermilk and pudding mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Fold in the fruit cocktail, oranges, marshmallows and whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 227 calories, 4 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Mallow Fruit Salad
"A very "retro "recipe...like something that came out of the '70's. It tasted pretty good the first evening after I made it, but got a little watery by the next day. It was sweeter than I like, and there was more pudding/whipped topping than there was fruit. Not a terrible recipe, but I won't be making it again."
"I don't like fruit cocktail, I added drained pineapple tidbits instead."