“The first time I made this, it was an instant hit and we agreed I wouldn't change a thing about the recipe. Mustard may seem like an odd ingredient, but it adds a really nice touch.” This rich-tasting dish is surprisingly light. Beverly Norris - Evanston, Wyoming
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup honey Dijon mustard, divided
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1-1/2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard over each; layer with ham, cheese and pineapple. Fold chicken over pineapple; secure with toothpicks. Brush bundles with remaining mustard.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Roll bundles in bread crumb mixture; place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Malibu Chicken Bundles in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Malibu Chicken Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review